Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Coming up for air

Whew, I am coming up for air after being besieged with summer allergies for the past two weeks. I awoke Saturday morning with a bad sore throat that just didn't seem to go away. Since I had court on Monday afternoon, I drug myself into work. I managed to secure a morning appointment with my Doctor who promptly told me - You look awful! Uh, HELLO, Tell me something I didn't already know, please. She then proceeded to tell me that I waited to long to come in for my spring time "snot shot". For those of you that don't live in the south (the allergy capital), that is a steroid shot that "dries everything up". She then proceeded to tell me that I not only had a sinus infection but an ear infection to boot. An ear infection!?!?! I am 53 years old, I'm too old to have my first ear infection!!!! She fixed me up with the "snot shot", antibiotics and a mild painkiller for the aches (bless her) and sent me on my way. I headed on to court where I had to sit through an incredibly long sentencing hearing with a Judge who loves to hear himself talk. Four hours later....I crawled into bed and slept 12 hours straight. What a difference a day makes (isn't that in a song?). Today I am much better, except bending over makes me dizzy! I am sure the dog hair has noting to do with this (grin). Now don't you all want to move to Tennessee......

2 comments:

penni said...

So sorry you caught the crud. More sleep (and some Jack Daniels) -- you'll be as good as new.

Jeri said...

Ugh! Thankfully I don't usually suffer too badly. And funny enough, ever since we moved to the other side of town, Dave doesn't either! Must be something with the cotton fields that we lived closer to before we moved.

Hope ya feel better!